The below is the latest update from the YJFL. Any further updates we will communicate via our database and post on our website.
- This week’s round, Round 8, will be re-scheduled to take place on Sunday 27 June.
- Last week’s round, Round 7 (including Under 9s Day), will be re-scheduled to take place on Sunday August 15.
- Under 10 Lightning Premierships, scheduled for Round 14 (Sunday 8 August), will be maintained at their current date.
- This year’s Finals Series will take place over 3 weeks commencing Sunday 22 August and concluding with Grand Finals on Sunday 5 September (subject to council approval).
- No Football will be played on 4 July.
- Advice relating to Representative Football will be communicated to all clubs early next week.
We appreciate that things can change very quickly but feel that it is important to share this with you as quickly as we receive the information.
With the Victorian Government announcing a seven-day lockdown across the state from 11:59pm on Thursday 27 May to 11:59pm on Thursday 3 June because of the COVID pandemic, all community football matches, training and Auskick will not be permitted to take place in Victoria during this time, as per state government restrictions.
The health and safety of the community remains the highest priority.
Regarding what this means for community football matches fixtured during the lockdown period, AFL Victoria has established a framework with recommendations for leagues to consider regarding various scenarios for competitions interrupted by COVID – CLICK HERE .
Independent leagues are ultimately responsible for determining the approach they will take regarding interruptions to their competitions.
AFL Victoria will continue to work closely with the Victorian Government and will be guided by advice from the government and health authorities.
AFL Victoria will update stakeholders with any new information regarding restrictions and protocols for community football, when available.
Community football activity can still take place as scheduled up until 11:59pm on Thursday 27 May, provided existing COVID protocols as imposed by the government are adhered to. Regional associations and leagues will communicate any information specific to their competitions.
for the U12G, U16G & U18G teams
- No experience is necessary
- All female teams
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills
Years of birth are 2009 – 2012
U16Gs: 6pm – 7:15pm Monday on the Main Oval, Taroona Ave
Years of birth are 2005 – 2006
U18Gs: 4:30pm – 6pm Thursday on the Main Oval, Taroona Ave
Years of birth are 2003 – 2004